Friday, October 15, 2010

My Name.

Oh, Bloggers. Hi.

Our newest assignment is to go to these wonderful websites which lets you search your name. I thank Behind The Name for telling me my name doesn't exist. Same goes for Baby Names. So, I had to use a variation, which is Bree. Alright, so here it is...

Behind my name, Bree.

Before I started this assignment, I had no idea what my name meant, as for me never being able to find it. So, um, not much to say there.
I actually don't know why my parents chose my name for me  because I always get two stories, and since I don't know, I'm not sure who to believe.
After searching on Baby Names I learned that my name means "The exalted one." Oh, sure. Just so you know, 'exalted' means Praised, or honored; Noble, sublime. (Thanks, google!). If you know me, you are most likely to know that I am far from any of those things. In fact, to be heard by a group of people larger than three, in a conversation at recess or something like that, I usually have to shout. Therefore drawing the conclusion that I am, in fact, barely paid attention to. So, I must disagree, and say that I am not exalted. Sorry Gaelic natives. Now I would love to say that I learned something cool or interesting in my search, but they don't have much to say about my first name, or middle name (Which is completely abnormal also, my middle name is Camilla, which I like a good deal, because it sounds like caramel.). Yep, they gave me the meaning of the name and decided that there is not enough people with that name to actually put research into it. I am also not sure where to find my last name meaning, so, sorry folks, I got nothing for you there either. Now, I can't say my name exactly does or doesn't suit me, I just don't know. I know how pitiful that must be, not to know if my own name suits me or not, but there's just something about it that leaves me undecided. If I could have the option to give myself a new name I wouldn't. I would definitely want a really weird name, and, at the current moment, and probably for a very long time, I won't be able to think of a weird enough name to suit me. Or definitely one that I like.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for reading that (boring) post, and come back soon for a new post! :D

Farewinds! -"Bree"- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment