Friday, October 8, 2010

Tolerance and Discrimination Assignment.

Oh, Hi. Didn't see you there.

Okay, so our teacher said that we should write a post about the meaning for  tolerance and discrimination. So, I asked her if I could voice my opinions about if I think that the average North American person should have tolerance and avoid discrimination. She said sure. So, the meaning of tolerance (as defined by my mother) is to be able to put up with something you don't like, and I try alot to do so. For example, in home room, I have to sit beside someone who reads, takes notes, reads questions, and does calculations out loud. They are also a talker. But I try my best to tolerate them, I mean most of the time I can't, but anyways, not important ha. So yes, I do think that tolerance is an important feature in life to be able to do for several reasons. One example is being able to tolerate a teacher (Not talking about you Ms. Crosbie :) ) or a boss. But then again, you can't be too set on tolerating everything. For example, things like racism or discrimination (Seen below :P ). Moving on... So, now I must talk about being able to do something about or avoid discrimination. Personally, I think that discrimination should not be tolerated. I think this because, first of all, put yourself in their point of view. Second of all, what'd they do to you? I mean sure, that "golden rule" thing can go both ways (Not exactly 'golden' to me, I mean dude, if you punch me in the nose and I live by the 'golden rule'...) but two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyways, Thanks for reading, and come back soon. :D

Farewinds. -Bree- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment